Monday, April 19, 2010

Lesson Learned
















So last week i made one of my most neccessary purchases for the coming summer i bought a greenhouse. As this was the first large greenhouse i have ever bought i decided against going with a proper greenhouse in the tradtional sense and opted to use a garage shelter instead as the price was much lower for the amount of space that i have available in comparison to most greenhouses. It is 11 by 16 feet so it more than meets my space needs for starting my seeds till there ready to be transplanted outside for good. I learned a valuable lesson though after i finished setting it up as the day after we had a very strong an unexpexted wind storm that managed to rip the anchors out of the ground like they were nothing and threw off the extra bricks i had stacked on the legs to keep it weighed down. The legs actually snapped right in half from the wind. The good news though is that the damage was much less than i intially feared and other than the fact that my tomatoes and peppers are all now mixed up i fared rather well an lost only a handful of plants. So i think i have learned my lesson about the power of wind and before i put the greenhouse back up i will reinforcing it much more than before as the wind does blow strong around here since my parents farm is located on a ridge. The pictures show the greenhouse after i managed to pull it down during the wind storm. I will add more on this once i get the greenhouse up and running during the week,

No comments:

Post a Comment