Sunday, July 25, 2010

small beginnings






























Well this past week i managed to fill and sell my first vegetable box orders. I currently have only two customers but after this week i should start having enough produce to fill a few more baskets and still have what i need to sell at my farm-gate on the weekends. These baskets cost thirty dollars each and included quart of wild blackberries, quart of strawberries, half pint of raspberries, quart of peas, a bunch of radish and two yellow and green zucchini in each basket. As the summer progresses and other things come into season the composition of my box will change but i hope that within a few weeks i will be able to offer different combinations and price points depending on how much produce my customers want. While i know these boxes dont add up to much so far it does feel great to take that first baby step towards becoming a fulling functioning farm that is able to provide customers with high quality food that is both locally produced, organic and last but not least incredibly delicious as that is the key goal of all my efforts. These pictures provide a birds eye view of my boxes. I don't know whether Levon was more curious than hungry but he enjoyed watching me put together the boxes.

1 comment:

  1. Levon looks really cute. Good job on the baskets, they look tasty.

    ReplyDelete