Sunday, January 22, 2012

What i have been up to

Hi everyone I am back to blogging again I know it has been a long time since I have posted. unfortunately I have been kept busy for personal and business reasons over the last few months. Myself and my family unexpectedly experienced the loss of my father david Claude Simmonds on September 13 to a heart attack. I was with him when it happened and while it wasn't something I would wish to happen to anyone I am glad that I was with him at the end. Me and my dad did not agree or see eye to eye on everything  but he did support me greatly over my life and in my decision to formally enter farming as a career. My dad belived?  in what I am trying to do and wished me well in my ventures.  It was sadly ironic that on the day my dad passed I actually had managed to close my first sale to a local grocery store. I will always be thankful that my dad was able to see the two key steps I made this summer with regards to moving the business forward which were entering my first market and finding new wholesale clients. I will be reflecting more on my dad in future posts and how he helped to put me on the path I am on today.  In my next post I will talk about what happened around the farm the rest of the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment