Sunday, February 14, 2010

free food well only if your a chicken
















So i had a strange but lucky situation occur this winter that has allowed me the opportunity to save some money on the cost of feeding my poultry and possible pig for the coming summer. My parents currently rent out the majority of their land to another farmer who usually grows hay. In the last two summers he has grown corn and when it was finally harvested this winter i discovered when walking the field that he had missed a lot of corn and over the last few weeks i have begun to bag as much of it as i can so that i can supplement my regular feeding regime with full corn cobs as this should help me to cut my feed costs somewhat for a few months which is always a good thing. The pictures above show me in the fall before the corn was harvested and more recently performing my unofficial second harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment